Cundall & Duffy 
& Duffy 

Posts from September 2017

We have seen several cases of antifreeze poisoning in dogs and cats in the Scarborough area over the last few years particular as autumn sets in. Unfortunately if not treated quickly it is fatal. Antifreeze is particularly dangerous as it tastes sweet, with poisoning seen more in cats than dogs. Please don’t leave your car unattended after using antifreeze. Please be aware that is it may have spilled onto the ground. 
If you suspect your Pet has come into contact with antifreeze or another toxic substance please contact Cundall and Duffy Veterinary Surgeons 01723 375947. The faster your pet is treated the better the chance of recovery. 
Signs to look out for